Now that I am working part time, I am finding more time to prep and plan meals for our family. Let me tell you, this momma LOVES Trader Joe’s. I find myself on a three week rotation between Costco, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe’s. It helps to keep variety in our home. My goal is to provide heathy, well balanced, “clean,” and minimally processed foods for my kiddos. I also “loosely” follow a gluten, soy, and dairy free diet for allergy purposes, but my kids eat everything. So next are our favorites from Trader Joe’s this week. Then I am also sharing a few links to recipes at the end of this post (including this yummy steak and cauliflower rice bowl).
Recipes we are trying this week are linked below (all items I substituted with Trader Joe’s brands with the exception of everyday staples from the kitchen).
- Steak & Blue Cheese Cauliflower Rice Bowl (My Very Own Recipe)
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Prosciutto Arugula Pizza on Cauliflower Crust
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
- Kalua Pork with Cabbage
Next, a quick shopping list from this week:
Keep scrolling for pictures of my favorite items:
I try to stock up on fruit veggies and fruits wherever we go. We typically have mystery dinners during the week also (thank you Costco for your large portions and freezing options).
What are few items, I stress few, that I always have in my cart at Trader Joe’s?
- Organic Ketchup – Scott loves this and my favorite part? No high-fructose corn syrup.
- Coconut Aminos – We use this as a substitute for soy and teriyaki sauce. You cannot beat the price ANYWHERE (tell me below if you can) at $2.99.
- Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip – Perfect for parties!
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning blend – Seriously so good on everything.
- Wine – I love trying new wine and I typically grab 4-5 bottles at a time to add to cabinet. One tip, ask the employees for some ideas, they are fantastic and will point you in the right direction.
- Cookie Butter – An oldie but a goodie, just buy it once and you will be hooked. My kids love this as a treat.
- Organic Silver Dollar Pancakes – Another favorite for our kids.
- Organic Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce – It is sooooo good, and like the ketchup, without high-fructose corn syrup.
- Cauliflower Crust – I love this pizza crust as a gluten free option, but keep in mind that it is not paleo friendly and has corn flour, cornstarch, and potato flour in it.
- Coconut Oil and Oil Spray – Again, cheapest prices around!
- Gluten free Rolled Oats
Leave a comment below with your favorite Trader Joe’s foods! I am compiling a master list and will share it with everyone soon. Happy Shopping!