Large Gallery Wall Using Ikea Ribba Picture Frames
How I Designed our Large Picture Frame Gallery Wall
I love family photos and a large gallery wall is a great way to showcase them in your home. Gallery walls can be formatted to your style and aesthetics. We have an open foyer with a very large staircase so I designed an oversized IKEA gallery wall for the space using ribba picture frames. Here is how I did it!
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive commission from your clicks or purchases. You can read more about my disclosures here.
Ikea Gallery Wall Template
Designing The Wall
I use Pages on my Mac for designing purposes. I used the shapes feature and made a mock-up of what I wanted. This is not to scale, but I put the frame measurements to help if you want to copy our design.
Ikea Ribba and Target Frames
I used several different styles of frames from Ikea. I also added a few frames from Target. Beware, if you plan on ordering your frames online, several of ours arrived damaged and broken. Ikea replaced them, however, it required a lengthy phone call. It may be best to visit the actual store and ensure your frames are not damaged.
Please note, I measured our actual frames and the measurements listed on the Ikea descriptions are a bit different. They possibly updated their sizing recently.
- (10) Ribba Frames – 20″ (19 3/4″ x 19 3/4″ Square)
- (6) Ribba Frames – 25″ x 37″ (24″ x 35 3/4″ Rectangle)
- (3) Ribba Frames – 17″ x 21″ (16″ x 20″ Rectangle)
- (4) Made by Design Frames – 13″ x 17″ Rectangle (no longer available but linked similar)
- (1) Made by Design Frame – 13″ Square
Hanging the Frames
We used several different methods to hang our frames. Honestly, we used whatever we had in our home at the time. I love these Monkey Hook picture hangers because they are easy to maneuver. We also used framing kits and simple nails. If you want to secure the oversized picture frames from moving each time they are touched, you can use command strips on the backside.
Looking for more in-depth ideas for hanging your frames? Here are a few great tutorials.
- Tips to Hang a Symmetrical Gallery Wall in your Hallway – DIY Playbook
- The Seriously Simple Way to Hang Multiple Pictures Evenly – And Easily – Lovely Lucky Life
- The Easiest Gallery Wall you Could Ever Do – The Creativity Exchange
I hope this is helpful for designing your next gallery wall on a budget! We have loved this large staircase gallery wall in our home, but I have exciting news about what is coming next for this space, so stay tuned!